Four Casino Proposals for Sumner County
These are the four proposals submitted to the Kansas Lottery Commission for a
casino in Sumner County.
|Est. gambling revenues
|Est. annual visitors
|Estimated tax revenues
Submitted by Sumner Gaming-Harrah's Entertainment
Location: At the Kansas Turnpike's Mulvane interchange, between U.S. 81 on the
west, the turnpike on the east and K-53 on the north. It would be west of the
existing Wyldewood Cellars winery.
- Casino: 2,000 slots, 50 gaming tables
- Hotel: Two hotels with 275 rooms total, including 30 suites. Five
2,100-square-foot pool villas that include two-to-three-room bungalows and
private swimming pools.
- Restaurants: Five restaurants and three bars
- More than 30,000 square feet of conference/convention/concert space
- Outdoor amphitheater
- Semi-private 18-hole golf course with golf school and club house
- RV park
• More than 16,000 square feet of retail space
- A city block's worth of nightclubs, including sports bar and 4,000-square-foot
- Developer would build about 100 apartments and 100 residential
Hollywood Casino Resort
Submitted by Penn National Gaming
Location: Southwest corner of Kansas Turnpike-U.S. 160 interchange near
- Casino: 70,000 square feet, 1,500 slots, 40 gaming tables
- Hotel: 350 rooms, including 17 luxury suites, 2,000-square-foot spa and fitness
center, 4,000-square-foot outdoor garden pool area
- Restaurants: 400-seat buffet, 200-seat sports bar and lounge, 175-seat specialty
restaurant, 125-seat diner, 40-seat coffee and pastry shop
- 1,750-seat multipurpose convention/events/entertainment facility
- 4,000-square-foot banquet/boardroom facility
- 1,500-square-foot retail center and memorabilia museum
- 2,850 parking spaces and spaces for semi and RV parking
Chisholm Creek Casino Resort
Submitted by MGM Mirage-Foxwoods Development Co.-Chisholm Creek Ventures
- Casino: 70,000 square feet, 2,000 slots, 50 gaming tables
- Hotel: 250 rooms, including 24 two- and three-bay Lanai Suites overlooking a
swimming pool, and a 10,000 square-foot spa
- Restaurants: Steakhouse, buffet, food court
- Multipurpose entertainment/meeting facility
- 6,000 square feet of retail shopping space
- Movie theater complex, possibly partnering with theater developer Bill Warren
Casino Name Unavailable
Submitted by Marvel Gaming-Binion Family Trust
Location: Southwest corner of Seneca and U.S. 160 at the Wellington interchange
on the Kansas Turnpike
- Casino: 65,000 square feet, 2,000 slots, 50 gaming tables
- Hotel: 300 rooms
- Restaurants: Buffet, steakhouse, bistro, fast food/snack bar. Two bars on casino
floor; adjacent lounge with music venue
- 2,000-seat multipurpose arena/entertainment/meeting facility
- 5 conference rooms, 400-2,000 square feet each
- 10,000 square feet of retail shops in lobby plaza
- Guided hunting facilities, including1,000 acres offsite with hunting lodge
- RV park and semi parking facilities
Return to Kansas Casinos.
500 Nations is an independent directory and information service free of any gaming operator's control and not affiliated with any casino.
Warning: You must ensure you meet all age and other regulatory requirements before entering a casino or placing a wager.
There are hundreds of jurisdictions in the world with Internet access and hundreds of different games and gambling opportunities available on the Internet.
Do not assume that Internet gaming sites are in compliance with the rules and regulations of every jurisdiction from which they accept players.
YOU are responsible for determining if it is legal for YOU to play any particular game or place any particular wager under the laws of the jurisdiction where you are located.
Copyright © 1999-2013 500 Nations. All rights reserved.
Feather graphics by .