There are 14 First Nations in the Yukon. Each is contempating and preparing for the impact of marijuana legalization on their communities.
New laws to assist in the regulation of cannabis is being worked on by the Government of Yukon. The basis is to provide for the health and safety of residents. As well providing for the values of what Yukoners and the communities want. The following is the proposed framework for new cannabis laws:
- The minimum age to possess, consume, and grow cannabis is 19. This is the same age to buy alcohol in Yukon.
- 30 grams of dried cannabis or its equivalent is the maximum amount an adult is allowed to possess.
- Up to 4 plants are the most someone can grow in a private residence.
- Cannabis can only be consumed in private homes and adjoining property.
- Distribution, warehousing, and transporting will be handled by the Government of Yukon.
- Legal access to cannabis will be provided by the Government of Yukon. A system to license retail locations will be established.
- Locations that sell alcohol will not be allowed to also sell cannabis
Information is pending and will be posted here as it becomes available.
US PLAYERS WELCOME
A World-Class Casino! *Best Slots, Blackjack, Table Games, Sports Book.