There are 10 First Nations in Quebec Province. Each is contempating and preparing for the impact of marijuana legalization on their communities.
Quebec is working on a legislative framework for passing new marijana laws. The key features include the following:
- 18 is the minimum legal age to buy, purchase, and consume marijuana
- Growing for plants at home for personal use is illegal. Growing for commercial use is also prohibited unless it is approved by the government
- 150 grams of dried cannabis to the limit that an adult is allowed to possess.
- Smoking locations will fall under the same laws as tobacco use
- Drivers will be given zero tolerance, may be subjected to a saliva test, and possibly a 90 day driver's license suspension for positive test results
Mohawk Council of Kahnawake
Medical Marijuana Production
Plans to seek additional information on the medical marijuana industry were announced in March 2017. The Cannabis Working Group was also formed. A moratorium was announced later that would prevent the growing, distributing, and retailing marijuana in their territory. The project is on hold. The council will investigate further and develop their own rules and legislation before removing the moratorium.
US PLAYERS WELCOME
A World-Class Casino! *Best Slots, Blackjack, Table Games, Sports Book.