New legislation is pending for cannabis sales and use in Newfoundland & Labrador. The key features that have been discussed are the following:
- Private stores will be allowed to sell marijuana
- The distribution will be overseen by the Crown-owned liquor corporation
- 19 will be the legal minimum age to buy, posses, and consume marijuana
- Use in private residences will be restricted
- Pricing, delivery, the selling, and possession control will be handled by the Newfoundland and Labrador Liquor Corporation
Cannabis Opportunities for NL First Nations
Information is pending and will be posted here as it becomes available.