WYANDOTTE COUNTY, KS - Earlier this year the state legislature approved 4 casinos for Kansas including one casino resort in Wyandotte County. They also authorized the Woodlands pari-mutuel racetrack to operate 800 slot machines.
Several proposals have been submitted for a casino, and Wyandotte county officials are expected to select one or more proposals and submit their recommendations for state approval by the end of this year.
In the first round of screening, the Unified Government's Planning Commission announced today that it approves four of the casino proposals and rejects two of them.
APPROVED by the Unified Government's Planning Commission:
KS&F Development Co.
A partnership of Kickapoo and Sac & Fox Indian tribes
Kansas Entertainment LLC
- $330 million project to be built on a 77-acre near 118th Street and State Avenue across the street from the Kansas Speedway.
- 95,000 square-foot casino
- 14-story hotel with 300 rooms (plus 250 more in a second phase)
- 45,000 square-foot restaurant
- 20,000-square-foot entertainment venue
- 20,000-square-foot convention center
- 20,000-square-foot theater
- 20,000-square-foot fitness center
- 20,000-square-foot spa
- retail shops
- 1136 surface parking spaces 3063-car a parking garage.
A partnership of Kansas Speedway and the Cordish Co
Legends Sun Casino Group-Red Development
- $600 million project to be built at the Kansas Speedway outside Turn 2 and down the backstretch of the racetrack.
- Casino with 3,000 slot machines
- 300,000 square feet of retail
- Entertainment venue
Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc.
- Location to be west of the Village West shopping center and south of Parallel Parkway
- 750,000-square-foot casino and hotel
- 1,000-room hotel
- 1,200-seat entertainment venue
- 35,500-square-foot convention
- Golf course at the southwest corner of 110th Street and Parallel Parkway
- 200,000 square-feet of mixed residential space
- $650 million project for construction on 60 acres at the southeast corner of Interstate 435 and Parallel Parkway and adjacent to the planned Schlitterbahn water park.
- 100,000-square-foot casino
- 500-room hotel
- Restaurants and lounges
- Retail shops
- Entertainment venue
- Full-service spa and salon
- 100,000-square-foot convention center
REJECTED by the Unified Government's Planning Commission:
Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc
Their alternative proposal for a casino at I-435 and Donahoo Road.
Las Vegas Sands Corp.
A proposed $500 million casino at I-435 and Leavenworth Road.
The Commission's report now goes to the Unified Government's Planning and Zoning which meets December 4th to review and approve their choices. There are also municipal government meetings participating in the selection process.
Return to Kansas Casinos.
Most USA Players
CASINO • LIVE DEALER • POKER • SPORTSBOOK • RACEBOOK
Disclaimer: All images are copyright to their respective owners and are used by 500 Nations for informational purposes only.
500 Nations is an independent directory and information service free of any gaming operator's control and not affiliated with any casino.
Warning: You must ensure you meet all age and other regulatory requirements before entering a casino or placing a wager. There are hundreds of jurisdictions in the world with Internet access and hundreds of different games and gambling opportunities available on the Internet. Do not assume that Internet gaming sites are in compliance with the rules and regulations of every jurisdiction from which they accept players. YOU are responsible for determining if it is legal for YOU to play any particular game or place any particular wager under the laws of the jurisdiction where you are located.