December 18, 2008
PLACERVILLE, CA - The Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians opened their new Red Hawk Casino last evening at 7 p.m. It is the only casino located on the Highway 50 corridor between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe, Nevada. It is located near Placerville, California, off the Red Hawk Parkway exit of Highway 50, just 20 minutes east of Sacramento.
The casino is 278,000 square-feet and features 2,000 slot machines and 75 table games. The table games include Single Deck Blackjack, Double Deck Pitch Blackjack, Fortune Pai Gow, Mystery Card Roulette, Three-Card Poker, World Poker Tour(R) All-in Hold'Em, Let It Ride, and Midi Baccarat. The Red Hawk's High-Limits area contains table games with some of the highest limits in the region. It also features slots ranging from $5 to $1,000 per spin.
There is a variety of restaurants:
• Wai Sushi and Seafood serves fresh nigiri sushi, sashimi and hand-rolled maki
• Pearl Asian Cuisine offers an eclectic blend of Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese dishes
• Two Rivers Cafe serves quick snacks and beverages
• Koto Grille is a casual, rustic grill offering American and Mexican foods
• Waterfall Buffet has live-action cooking stations
Tribal Chairman Nicholas H. Fonseca said, "Our journey to self-reliance has been filled with many challenges, but the resolve and determination of our Members, coupled with support of our managing company Lakes Entertainment, has enabled us to realize a dream long in the making. It is with great pride that we celebrate this momentous occasion as we move closer to achieving self-reliance with each passing day."
Return to California Casinos.