December 4, 2008
MADERA, CA - The Mono Indians of the North Fork Rancheria have partnered with Station Casinos to build a $250 million casino resort in Madera County along Route 99. However, plans may be delayed due to financial problems at Station Casinos. The company lost $75 million in 2008 and owes debts of $5.4 billion. Company officials deny credit problems and confirm the Madera casino would be completed. The casino project still needs federal and state approval.
* Station partnership announcement (3/04)
* Public Hearings and MOU w/ Madera County (8/04)
* County endorsement (8/05)
* Business Coalition formation (8/05)
* 2,000 Community Endorsements gathered (9/06)
* MOU Agreement with City of Madera (10/06)
* MOU Agreement with Madera Irrigation District/MID (12/06)
* North Fork Public Hearing of draft Environmental Impact Statement (3/08)
* State Tribal Gaming Compact Agreements for North Fork Rancheria (4/2008)
* Final EIS (2009)
* Land into Trust (2009)
* Ratification of Compact by State Legislature (2009)
* Approval of Management Contract (2009)
* Ground breaking (2009)
* Grand Opening (2010)
Return to California Casinos.
Live Betting, Racebook
Blackjack, Table Games, Slots
Video Poker, Live Dealers
Disclaimer: All images are copyright to their respective owners and are used by 500 Nations for informational purposes only.
500 Nations is an independent directory and information service free of any gaming operator's control and not affiliated with any casino.
Warning: You must ensure you meet all age and other regulatory requirements before entering a casino or placing a wager. There are hundreds of jurisdictions in the world with Internet access and hundreds of different games and gambling opportunities available on the Internet. Do not assume that Internet gaming sites are in compliance with the rules and regulations of every jurisdiction from which they accept players. YOU are responsible for determining if it is legal for YOU to play any particular game or place any particular wager under the laws of the jurisdiction where you are located.