December 4, 2008
MADERA, CA - The Mono Indians of the North Fork Rancheria have partnered with Station Casinos to build a $250 million casino resort in Madera County along Route 99. However, plans may be delayed due to financial problems at Station Casinos. The company lost $75 million in 2008 and owes debts of $5.4 billion. Company officials deny credit problems and confirm the Madera casino would be completed. The casino project still needs federal and state approval.
* Station partnership announcement (3/04)
* Public Hearings and MOU w/ Madera County (8/04)
* County endorsement (8/05)
* Business Coalition formation (8/05)
* 2,000 Community Endorsements gathered (9/06)
* MOU Agreement with City of Madera (10/06)
* MOU Agreement with Madera Irrigation District/MID (12/06)
* North Fork Public Hearing of draft Environmental Impact Statement (3/08)
* State Tribal Gaming Compact Agreements for North Fork Rancheria (4/2008)
* Final EIS (2009)
* Land into Trust (2009)
* Ratification of Compact by State Legislature (2009)
* Approval of Management Contract (2009)
* Ground breaking (2009)
* Grand Opening (2010)
Return to California Casinos.
US PLAYERS WELCOME
A World-Class Casino! *Best Slots, Blackjack, Table Games, Sports Book.