Laws and policies are currently being developed. The final legislation is expected to go into effect in July 2018.
- 30 grams will be the legal limit an adult is allowed to process
- Up to four plants can be grown in a private household
- The minimum legal age to purchase cannabis will be 18
- The production of cannabis will be regulated and controlled by the federal government
- The provincial government will regulate cannabis sales and distribution
- Form new laws for driving while impaired driving
Information is pending and will be posted here as it becomes available.